Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The Riding/Training - Memorizing Dressage Tests

Wind Chill Of 40 Degrees


Well... I wimped out.  I had planned to ride three horses today, but when I got out there this afternoon the wind was blowing and it hurt my face.  So I switched to plan B: making green tomato pickles and memorizing Training One for Elvis, Second One for Gus and Third One for Prima.   It won't burn calories or build muscle, but it will have it's uses. 


And my memory is not what it used to be!  I take my omega 3's and fish oil capsules... but it just gets harder and harder to memorize things.  Which is all the more reason to do it, I suppose.  I find that tracing the test on to a blank plan of the arena helps me because I can see it in space in my mind.  If anyone reading this has other cool tricks for memorizing dressage tests, I would be open to try just about anything.  I think the only way to keep it where I can use it is to practice it in my mind every few days, once I get it memorized.    My old brain could memorize something and then it would just be there for me whenever I needed it.  Not so any more. 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment