Monday, October 15, 2012

The Riding/Training - 10/14 Prima and Gus

10/14 - Prima and Gus


I rode Prima and my husband rode Gus today.  We did hill work around the farm in cross country tack.  Prima seemed sound.  We walked down and trotted or cantered up the hills.  I even did a two-point and let Prima srtech out in a little in a hand gallop up a short hill.  She seemed to enjoy it, but it winded her.  She is heavy and out of shape so we didn't do much of that - mostly slow and steady up the hills and walked down.  Sometimes I made her walk out and sometimes I let her stretch and relax at the walk.  She was pretty sweaty by the time we were finished.  Gus took it all in stride.  He didn't turn a hair.  He will have to work harder tomorrow!  I put hoof dressing on both their feet and Elvis's. 

Elvis threw a shoe again so he got another day off.  The farrier is coming Tuesday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment