Friday, October 19, 2012

The Garden - More October Vegetables

More October Vegetables


Today I brought in the pumpkins, bcause it is getting too cold at night now and I'm afraid they will freeze.  The vines were all dead and we put their box to bed.  I also picked some freeze-dried oregano and basil.  I'm not sure how it will taste, but it smells pretty good.  I found some new lettuces that looked fine.  I'm sure they will be our last until next year. And I noticed an onion I had missed from a row that we have been eating out of. 




I also found a bunch of little cherry tomatoes, under the vines and lying on the ground, that had not frozen, remarkably, and had managed to ripen... and a couple of green tomatoes that were bigger and also not frozen.  It looks  like we can have one more salad and some fried green tomatoes!



No comments:

Post a Comment