Sunday, October 14, 2012

The Riding/Training- Another Cold, Wet Day

Another Cold Wet Day

Dressage tests to memorize

Gus's Test:   Second -1



Yesterday was windy, cold and wet.  The rain will keep the pastures green and mean that we might not have to start feeding hay for another few weeks.  This is a good thing!  But the ground is soggy and the arena will have to be dragged again when it dries out a bit.  Sigh...
I have committed to taking two horses to a clinic in mid-Novemeber.  NONE of us are in any kind of shape to do this.  What was I thinking?!
If I can't ride each day ... I need to go to the gym, or something.  Sitting around blogging and memorizing stuff won't cut it, I'm afraid. 

Elvis's Test|: Training -1

Prima's Test: Third -1
 
There's a part of this test I don't understand.  It occurs right after the turns on the haunches.  You are supposed to track right at H and then it says H-C Medium walk Then the eleventh move says (medium walk)  RMG (H) G (M) GHC.  I cannot visualize this or diagram it or even imagine what they are talking about....  Anyone out there with any insight, please put it in a comment!

 





No comments:

Post a Comment