Sunday, November 18, 2012

The Riding/Training - Elvis and Prima Go Walking

Elvis & Prima Go Walking


My husband rode Prima and I rode Elvis this afternoon.  It was a bit of an adventure for my husband because Prima was in a foul mood.  She stomped and kicked out while being saddled, and tried to charge Elvis and bite him whenever she could on the ride.  He got to practice keeping her on the bit.  Then she went pretty well.

I did all the gates on the ride, so Elvis got a lot of practice standing for mounting and dismounting.  He was a model child.  After his performance at the clinic last weekend, I thought I might have some trouble.  But no.  With no one looking and nothing to lose, he was a perfect child.

We rode western, so I got to practice riding Elvis on a loose rein and steering with my legs.  He seems not to have forgotten how to do any of that.  It has been a while since we worked on it.

We lunged them both first and then went on a long walk around the farm.  Elvis and I did some trotting as well.  It was very low key and relaxing.

Here they are cooling off afterwards.


No comments:

Post a Comment