Thursday, November 22, 2012

The Food - Roasted Root Vegetables for Thanksgiving Potluck

Roasted Root Vegetables for a Thanksgiving Potluck


I was asked to bring roasted root vegetables.  Our garden produced these in abundance this year, so we have plenty.   We did yellow, red, and purple potatoes, carrots, parsnips, scallions, and beets.  I tossed them in salt, pepper and olive oil and roasted them for 40 minutes in a 450 degree oven. 


 
 

 
 
I roasted the beets separately because they discolor everything if you roast them in the same pan.  I did not put any oil or seasoning on them or peel them before roasting.  The big ones took about an hour in the oven.  When they were cool to touch, I peeled them, cut them into chunks and tossed them in olive oil, salt and pepper.  Pretty easy!
 
 
 




Vegetables when done, above.  Beets cooling, below.




No comments:

Post a Comment