Monday, November 12, 2012

The Riding /Training - Prima, Gus and Elvis 11/8

The Riding/Training - 11/8

Prima



 
 
 
 
 
I was off today because of portfolio conferences at school so I was able to work three horses!  Prima was first.  She has lost some weight.  I'm not sure you can see it in the picture, yet, but I could definitely see it in her girth.  AND she is sound today!   So I think we are moving things in the right direction.  I lunged her briefly and then we did the one hour march around the  farm.  She was cheerful and uphill and had a good wet blanket by the end.  I worked her in the English cross-country tack.

Elvis

Elvis was next.  He was also sound today. We did turns on the forhand and turns on the haunches and leg yields in both directions down the center line.  Then we trotted the full arena with 20 meter circles at the ends and in the middle in both directions.  Then we did canter laps in sets of three in both directions.  He was a good boy and also had a wet blanket by the end.   I worked him in the English cross-country tack.


Gus

I also rode Gus in the English cross-sountry tack.  We did some walk/trot/canter work in the arena: transitions and 10 meter circles.  He was VERY good.  He warmed up quickly and went right to work.  No messing around.  His transitions were smooth and undramatic.  So we also went out around the farm a bit and enjoyed the warm afternoon.

Then Gus and Elvis got their spa treatment in preparation for the clinic in Evergreen.  I will be driving them up tomorrow and working them up there.  The clinic will be Saturday and Sunday.  Of course, the sun went away and they each got a bit shivery during their cold bath.  They got trimmed and conditioned and dried in coolers in the barn.  They stayed in for the night to keep clean and I set about loading the trailer. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment