Saturday, November 3, 2012

The Garden - Last Weekend's Onion Harvest

The Onion Harvest





 
 
We dug all the onions last weekend, but I didn't have time to put them in the blog.   There were a lot of onions, even though we had been eating them since early September.  But while some of them had turned into really beautiful onions...
 
 
 




Most of them were really big, beautiful scallions. 


 
 

 
I don't know why this happened.   I planted them  on schedule.  They grew great tall tops all summer.  They did not bloom or go to seed.  They are all sweet and delicious... but most are scallions.  If anyone out there knows why this happened, please advise.   I have all the scallions in the fridge at the moment.  But I think I need to do something else with them as we cannot possibly eat them before they spoil.  Can they be frozen?  Does anyone know how to do this?  

No comments:

Post a Comment