Sunday, July 19, 2015

The Food - Spicy Grilled Shrimp with Peaches and Chard

I found this recipe on-line a few days ago and saved it for the weekend.

http://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/12700-grilled-shrimp-with-wilted-spinach-and-peaches

It seemed a little fussy for me - so I used ordinary ground spices  - except for the fresh ginger - and used Swiss chard from the garden  instead of spinach.  I had cardamom pods and I opened them and used the seeds whole in the rub. We also just grilled the shrimp in the broiler.  It was delicious, fast and easy.




I am always looking for new flavor combinations in a dishes that are not belabored.  I don't have a spice mill - so I had to modify this- but I think I may look for one the next time I am at a mall or kitchen outlet store.

No comments:

Post a Comment