Sunday, February 3, 2013

The Riding/Training - Elvis, Gus and Prima Worked

Elvis, Gus, and Prima Worked


The backache was gone, so I decided to try working horses today.  I lunged them all instead of riding though, giving my back one more day. 

Elvis was first.  He was totally sound going to the right and only a little off going to the left.  So he is improving.  He was a little naughty because I didn't corral the other horses and when they ran around and acted silly, he tried to, too.  It was a teaching moment.  He got very sweaty, but much of it was emotional.   See below.



Gus was next.  He is so fit!  He barely turned a hair.  He was good and got lots of cookies.  I don't know... I have 3 horses that are being ridden.  They are on roughly the same regimen.  One is fit and the other two are .. well ... not fit.  I guess one is green and the other is fat ... but still.  There is a pretty dramatic difference!  (He's standing on a slope, by the way.)

 
 
And Prima was last.  She has really lost weight.  The circingle fit her without a girth extender.  And she didn't sweat so much or get so winded.  She is on the right path... and she is totally sound.
 



Fun day all around.  Hopeful to ride them all tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment