Monday, February 11, 2013

The Animals - Bachelors Will Be Missed

The Bachelors Will Be Missed - Until They Turn Up for Dinner Again!


Winken and Joker did not show up for breakfast.  They did not come in for supper last night. So I am pretty sure they got snatched yesterday.  And I am a little afraid that I inadvertently caused their demise.  Although I will never know for sure. 

I went to Elizabeth yesterday for butter to make cookies for my grandchildren for Valentine's Day.  I was gone about an hour.  I was lazy and did not close the machine shed door when I left.  There was snow forecast for the evening and was going to put the car back in  there.  The machine shed is one of the shelters that the cats run for when there is danger.  They can squeeze under the walls in several places and most other animals cannot.  With the door open, that refuge could have turned into a trap. 

Yesterday morning, I smiled as I listened to the four of them jumping around and playing above me in the hay loft.  They often did this in the mornings in the winter.  It is a sunny, sheltered place to play after being cooped up all night in the tack room.   It was quiet up there this morning.  Both Sox and Nodkin wanted to be handled this morning.  Then Sox went off somewhere alone and Noddie sat and watched me muck stalls from an alcove in the barn wall.  He was very sober indeed.  I wish they could tell me what happened: what they saw. 











But they DID show up for dinner tonight!  'Nuff said!

1 comment:

  1. Aw-w! Tricked again by a little adventure. So glad they're back!

    ReplyDelete