Saturday, December 8, 2012

The Food - Omlette in a Mug

Omlette in a Mug


This is my every morning breakfast, no matter how much of a hurry I am in.

1 egg
2 egg whites
1 tbs. of top milk (half and half)
salt
fresh or frozen spinach
a bit of chopped onion if it's handy
2 tbs. of grated Italian cheese blend

Warm or cook a mug full of raw spinach (and onion) in the microwave for 1 minute on high
   It will wilt and shrink.  Push it to the bottom of the mug when done
Beat the eggs, salt, egg whites and top milk in a bowl
Pour  this mixture into the mug over the spinach
Sprinkle the Italian cheese on top
Microwave on high for 1 minute
Remove and stir
Microwave for 1 more minute on high

You have an omlette in a mug!

You can take it in the car if you hve to and  eat it on the fly.

When I don't have fresh spinach I have used salsa or leftover skillet vegetables from the night before.  Sometimes we add leftover sausage or other meats too. 

I got this idea from my Aunt and just fiddled with it a bit. 

It's convenient and good.

No comments:

Post a Comment